A Corporate Services Group of Companies, is looking to recruit a VAT Assistant Manager in Limassol;
- Assisting the Directors with advisory work, including researching legislation, circulars and court jurisprudence as well as reviewing and summarizing documents, books and records;
- Working alongside associates and clients whilst assisting in VAT related matters;
- Compiling information, completion and submission of quarterly VAT returns, monthly VIES returns, and assisting with the necessary payments;
- Preparation of annual pro-rata VAT adjustments;
- Participation in seminars both in Cyprus and abroad;
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars for the company’s VAT International Academy;
- Preparation and submission of VAT registrations, deregistrations and updating of client records with the Department of Taxation;
- VAT compliance work including preparation and submission of VAT and VIES returns;
- Planning work schedule around deadlines in a timely manner, and informing clients in advance of their obligations;
- Communication, including on-site meetings, with clients to obtain all necessary information/clarifications/documentation;
- Communication, including on-site meetings, with the Department of Taxation to address various issues that may arise pertaining to the work at hand, or to submit declarations;
- Handling ad-hoc indirect tax issues.
- At least five years of experience in accounting, out of which three in a VAT-dedicated position;
- Good knowledge of the Cyprus VAT legislation and/or the EU VAT Directive;
- Good knowledge of the Interpretive Circulars issued by the Department of Taxation;
- College or University Degree in Accounting and Finance or similar;
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills;
- Thrive under pressure in deadline-driven situations;
- Diligent, methodical and reliable;
- Fluent in written and spoken Greek and English;
- Good knowledge of internet applications and Microsoft Office.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.