Please note that Banks are also closed on Easter Tuesday (18th of April, 2023), and for 2023, also on Christmas Eve (Sunday, 24th of December) a date that banks usually stay open to accommodate retail and corporate clients.
For important deadlines regarding taxes and other submission dates for your company of personal finances, please refer to our Tax Diary.
Fixed day bank and public holidays in Cyprus for 2023
- January 1st – New Year’s Day (Sunday)
- January 6th – Epiphany Day (Friday)
- March 25th – Greek National Day (Saturday)
- April 1st – National Anniversary Day (Saturday)
- May 1st – Labour Day (Monday)
- August 15th – Assumption of the Virgin Mary (Tuesday)
- October 1st – Cyprus Independence Day (Sunday)
- October 28th – Greek National Anniversary Day (Saturday)
- December 24th – Christmas Eve (Sunday)
- December 25th – Christmas Day (Monday)
- December 26th – Boxing Day (Tuesday)
Variable Public and Bank holidays in Cyprus for 2023
- Variable – Green Monday (50 Days before Greek Orthodox Easter) February 27th
- Variable – Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 14th
- Variable – Easter Sunday – April 16th
- Variable – Easter Monday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 17th
- * (Variable – Easter Tuesday (Greek Orthodox Church) April 18th – only Banks are closed
- Variable – Pentecost – (Kataklysmos – Festival of the Flood) Monday, June 5th.