The 7th CCCI Business Leader Awards were held digitally and in compliance with all Covid-19 protocols, on Monday, December 21.
For the 7th consecutive year, Cypriot businesses and entrepreneurs were awarded, acknowledging their achievements and their leadership’s excellence. The awards, presented by General Insurance of Cyprus, were organised by the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry and IMH. The European University of Cyprus acted as the event’s Gold sponsor while Cablenet and Sklavenitis Cyprus were the Silver sponsors.
A total of nine awards were awarded this year, where the Honorary Award for the overall contribution to entrepreneurship was received by the chairman of Char. Pilakoutas Group, Kodros Pilakoutas.
- Stavros Kremmos, Chairman of Blue Island Plc was given the award for Business Leader in the Agriculture/Livestock/Fisheries Sector.
- George Mouskas, Chairman of Olympia Ocean Carriers Ltd was awarded Business Leader in the Shipping Sector.
- The Chairman of Chrysostomides, Dr. Kypros Chrysostomides, was given the award for Business Leader in the Financial and Professional Services Sector.
- The Chief Executive Officer of Hermes Airports, Eleni Kaloyirou, received the Business Leader in the Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Sector.
- The Business Leader for the Manufacturing Industry, was the Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of Charalambides Christis, Alexis Charalambides.
- The Chief Executive Officer of C.A.Papaellinas Group, Christos Papaellinas was awarded the Business Leader in the Commercial Sector.
- Nicolas Shiacolas, Chairman of Cablenet Communication Systems Ltd was awarded the Business Leader Award in the Services Sector.
- Business Leader in the Real Estate and Construction Sector was the Founder of Atlas Pantou and Telmen Groups, Tonis Toumazis.
The CCCI Business Leader Awards honour leadership excellence in Cyprus, as well as individuals who have contributed to the growth of not only their own firms but that of entrepreneurship in general through the implementation of best practices and innovative strategies. They are individuals who operate with integrity and ethos, have gained the respect of their own employees as well as that of their competitors and the broader business community, and who work on the basis of the key principles that characterize a successful leader: dynamism, innovation, foresight and knowledge.